Monday 10 July 2017

Review : SKINCARE Shiseido Senka - Perfect Gel MakeUp Remover -

Hello and good day my fellow readers.

Today, i'm going to be making a review on  Shiseido Senka Series - Perfect Gel MakeUp Remover -. It is a make up remover in gel form that is supposedly helps in removing makeup while providing deep pore cleansing (for light to moderate makeup). I thought I was buying a face wash when I picked this up.. but hello, hello, it is a makeup remover.
See why I thought what I bought is a facial cleanser? The packaging and color of the line is quite the same.

Shiseido Senka Perfect Gel Makeup Remover


Front view of Senka Perfect Gel Makeup Remover

Back view of the bottle.

Close up view from the back of the bottle.
Here is a little bit info on  Shiseido Senka - Perfect Gel Make Up Remover  :


Price :  RM18.90 (Watsons) -However I bought it during promotion RM16.07

Made in Japan

Volume : 160g

Ingredients :
Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Dimethicone, PEG-60 Glyceryl Isostearate, Glycerin, PEG-10 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sericin, Carbomer Citric Acid, Ethyhexyl Palmitate, Isododecane, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Alcohol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Potassium Hydroxide, Methylparaben, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Tocopherol, Hydrolyzed Silk, Potassium Sorbate.

Storage : 
Store away from direct sunlight, high temperatures and high humidity. Keep away from children. Do not get into eyes. If contact occurs, do not rub and rinse immediately with water.

Claims :
  • Refreshing gel that spreads easily across the skin.
  • Removes make up and sebum embedded deep in the pores.
  • Can be washed away or wiped off conveniently.
  • Gel blends well with makeup. Leaves no stickiness and skin feels smooth after it is wiped off.
  • Includes naturally derived silk essence and dual Hyaluronic Acid.
  • Light and fresh floral fragrance.

Extra Info:
  • Allergy-tested.
  • No colors added.
Directions :
  1. Take an appropriate amount (about 2-3 cm) onto dry palms.
  2. Massage into face for 1-2 minutes to dissolve makeup, dirt and other impurities.
  3. Do not rub face excessively.
  4. Rinse off thoroughly with water or wipe off with tissue.
Okay, I will begin my review on this product.

Texture:
Senka Perfect Gel Make Up Remover is quite a thick gel texture, but no worries, as I washed/rinsed my face with water, it dissolved completely. Personally, I don't find the thick texture as troublesome, I quite like the texture as it is not oily or too watery like other make up remover available out there (My comparison is between the makeup removers I used before which are Biore Makeup Remover Wipes, Biore Cleansing Oil, Biore Cleansing water and also Nivea Hydration Makeup Clear Micellar Water). As I rinsed it with water, there were some whiteness formed, but I guess that was probably the residue of my makeup going away.

Color:
When I put the product on my skin, I thought it was going to be somewhat kind of white foamy cleanser colored, but no, this product has no color when I massaged it on my skin.

Scent:
This product has fragrance(parfum) in the list of ingredients. Obviously, it is not going to be smelly. The smell is nice, cooling and breezy kind of sensation as I breathe it in. But you know, chemical kind of breezy. If you are not a fan of it, better try smelling it before buying this one as it is quite strong if you don't like the smell.

Packaging
The packaging of this product is user friendly. The lid is attached so I don't have to worry about spilling it. It is a little bit big for travel if I  am carrying a handbag and putting this sized thing in, but that can be arranged by filling the smaller travel bottles that I have in my home.


Results:

  • I fell in love with this product to be serious with all of you. I never used fancy make up remover like Shu Uemura or the sort, but I've used the Biore Cleasning Water, Biore Cleansing Oil, Biore Makeup Rermover Wipes and Nivea Hydration Makeup Clear Micellar Water. Senka Perfect Gel feels like the holy grail since it is relatively cheap.
  • It does what it claims to do as I it removes away my makeup especially the waterproof eyeliner (Maybelline Hypersharp Line Laser Precision) and also my lipstain (Revlon Color Burst Matte Balm) which is usually hard to remove with the normal makeup cleanser or remover.
  • Good thing is, it doesn't sting my eyes during my time removing my eye makeup.
  • Gentle. Unlike removing my makeup with Nivea Hydration Makeup Clear Micellar Water, this does not require me to prepare a cotton pad which is quite harsh when I wiped it on my face so this is gentle as I only needed to massage this product gently.
My sort of full makeup (Moisturizing cream, BB Cream, Concealer, Compact Powder, Eyeliner, and Lipstain Balm.

Removed the makeup with Senka Perfect Gel and then rinsed with water. 

Removed the other half of makeup with Nivea Hydration Makeup Clear Micellar Water to compare.

Pros and Cons

Pros:

  • Quite cheap (RM18.90 which is under RM20.00) to compare with other makeup remover as other makeup remover requires facial wash after using it.
  • Easy and simple to use. No need for cotton wipes as most make up removers/micellar-water (at least what I've used before).
  • Easy to wipe off.
  • Does not sting the eye even when it accidentally gets into mine.
  • Removes waterproof makeup effectively.
  • Great design for travelling.
  • As for now, it does not cause me a breakout.

Cons:

  • The ingredients listed might be quite alarming if you are very conscious.
  • Contains paraben - Methylparaben.
  • Not fragrance-free. (May not be suitable for sensitive skin.)
  • Contains alcohol. (May dry your face if you are having dry skin problems.)


Rating?
4/5?
To sum up the rating. I am happy with the price as it is relatively cheap, and easy to use unlike the other makeup remover (I am comparing it with makeup remover wipes, oil and water which stings my eye), does not sting my eyes if it accidentally get into my eye (especially while removing eye makeup) and would really help if I am travelling for quite a distance (us muslims need to stop for prayers, so yeah..... no waterproof thingy is needed during wudhu). However, because I am a person that preferably avoid stuff with paraben, and still trying to find cheaper products without alcohol and fragrance (which is quite a challenge), I couldn't give this a full-5.

Buy This Again?
Really tempted to buy this again once I finish this bottle. But let me see the alternatives first. Because of the paraben, I would try to avoid it, but the temptation or THE FORCE IS STRONG WITH THIS ONE to buy it again.

"The Force is strong with this one..." As Darth Vader would say.

That is all my Shiseido Senka Perfect Gel Make Up Remover review. I hope this would help you readers in making your decision whether this is a good investment on your skin or not.

Thank you for your time reading this simple blog.

Respectfully yours,

TheMalayGadis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review : SKINCARE Shiseido Senka - Perfect Gel MakeUp Remover -

Hello and good day my fellow readers. Today, i'm going to be making a review on  Shiseido Senka Series - Perfect Gel MakeUp Remover...